An extended look at Exodus 34, starting with the idea of meat seethed in its mother’s milk and moving onto altars of unhewn stone, snares, and who exactly are today’s Canaanites.
by Gregory Williams
Air Date: April 22, 2023
- 00:00:40 Exodus 34; Milk and Meat; Do not cook a goat in its mother’s milk
- 00:03:20 Tree of Life; Tree of Knowledge; Meditation
- 00:09:00 Congregation; Social Welfare; Fathers of the Earth; Benefactors; Covetous Practices; Curse Children; Merchandise; Covetousness; Idolatry; Bondage of Egypt
- 00:12:55 Levites; Essential Oils; Essenes, Pharisees; Sadducees
- 00:17:10 Sacrifice; Corban
- 00:20:00 Altars; Unhewn Stones; Leaven; Ornaments
- 00:30:30 God wasn’t instructing the Israelites to kill people; Put to Death
- 00:37:50 Command
- 00:45:30 Right Reason; Wrath of God
- *00:48:47 Golden Calf; Idolatry; Worship; Covetous Practices; Dainties; One Purse
- 01:00:00 Grain storage
- 01:04:20 Merciful; Compassion
- 01:15:20 Amorite; Canaanite; Snare; Daily Ministration; Benefactors who Exercise Authority; Altars; Tens Hundreds and Thousands
- 01:22:15 Judgements; Levites Smite
- 01:31:50 Seven Days of Unleavened Bread; Break neck of donkey
- 01:41:00 Milk and meat
Mixing meat and milk; Bizarre interpretations; Listening to God; Quieting your mind; Meditation; Doing mischief; Carrying your weight; Peculiarity; Covetousness; Interpretation of the Holy Spirit; Drawing near to the Lord; Middle of Leviticus; The second Ten Commandments; Re-reading for deeper understanding; Making connections; Connecting you with the Holy Spirit; God gives you free choice; Falling away; Exodus 34:1; The second set of commandments; Avoiding mischief; God commanding Moses; Eating of the Tree of Life; God writing upon your heart and mind; Accepting the consequences of your choices; Wrath of God; Forgiveness?; Recompence; Sin of the golden calf?; Idolatry; Col 3:5; The way back to God; Covetous practices; Common purse; Arts of the temple; Grain reserves; Church by grain?; God’s protection?; Eph 5:5; 1 Cor 5:10; Contractual fornication; Proclaiming of the name of God; Mercy + Justice; Accountability; God’s criteria for graciousness; Longsuffering; Abundance; Strengthening; Driving out mischief; Avoiding snares; Rom 11:9; Altars of sacrifice; Organizing Israel; Precedents of Moses; Are there just people to belong to your jury?; Contracting with public religion; nun-tav-tzedek = “destroy” and “overturn”; Eating of sacrifices to other gods; Molten gods?; Appearing before the LORD – not empty-handed; Mimicking Israel; Ex 34:27; Moses’ social safety net; Justice + Mercy + Faith; Placement of “seething kid in mother’s milk”.
YOU CAN HELP! If a particular segment of this podcast especially connects with you…
– Copy the block from the computerized transcript below;
– Paste it into your preferred word processing app, clean it up;
– Paste your edited version here as a comment.
We will insert the block of text into the transcript.
Be the first to comment on "Key 2331 – Exodus – Part 36"