Following the setting of the genealogical stage in Matthew 1, the second chapter is loaded with hints to the requirements for the creation of a nation of free people.
by Gregory Williams
Air Date: September 30, 2023
- *00:00:30 Technical and historical details around the book of Matthew; Charity in the Roman Empire; “Primitive” cultures had laws, just not City-States; Teutons; Cities and Tents; City = Terror
- *00:06:15 14th Amendment; Was Paul a Roman Citizen?; Romaios; Emperors of Rome were called the Son of God; Christian Conflict; Temple of Herod; Temple of Roma; Religion; Love = Charity
- 00:16:15 Gender Dysphoria; Legal Charity vs Fervent Charity; Sumer; Turtledove Goddess; Nimrod; Cain; Sodom;
- 00:20:40 Baptism; Justin the Martyr
- *00:25:00 Corban of the Pharisees; Wicked; Covet; Saul forced a sacrifice; Pure Religion; Social Bonds; Legal Charity; Polybius; Plutarch
- 00:32:35 Adultery
- 00:34:01 Genealogies of Christ; Birth of Jesus Christ; Gospel of James; Call no man Father
- *00:52:00 Covetous Practices; The Way of Christ; Workers of Iniquity; Exercise Authority
- 01:07:00 Herod’s execution of children
- 01:10:55 Essenes; John the Baptist
- 01:19:55 Anne Boleyn
- 01:25:05 House or Polis; Mountain cleft open; Libera Res Publica
- 01:33:45 John the Baptist prepares The Way; Repent; Kingdom of Heaven = Kingdom of God; Merchandise
Matthew the man; Charity in the early Rome; Cities and tents; Codified rules; “Citizen”; Paul the Rhomaios; Early American citizenship; Understanding Matthew; Sons of God; Defining “religion”; Intimate charity; Sexual revolution; Legal charity; The sin of Sodom; Early Church kingdom; Right provision of bread; Baptism of Jesus Christ; Jews in the Early Church; Justin’s apology; Caring for neighbor as selves; Charity vs force; Matthew 1 = Generations; Walking by faith; Sacrificing for the needy; Corban?; Saul’s folly; Bonding society; Forcing your neighbor; Imaginary belief in Jesus; Covetous practices; Altering sexuality; Treating symptoms; Solving social problems; Matthew’s birth story; Gospel of James?; Directions of Jesus; “Patri” = father; Contextualizing the gospel; Benefit addiction; Public religion; Temple of living stones; Matt 2; Luke 2:4; Micah 5:2; Bethlehem; Pretend Christians; Wise men?; Troubling Herod; Jesus’ mission; Matt 2:6; Rule people? Or “feed” (shepherd); No covetous practices; 1 Sam 8; Rejecting God; Repent and see; “Worship”; Moving stars?; Supporting Christ’s kingdom; Dream warnings; Nu 24:8; “Unicorns”; Degenerating the people; Hosea 11:1; “Out of Egypt”; Herod executing children; Jer 31:15; “City” = “polis” = community of people; Existence of “Nazareth”?; Nazarene Essenes; Where was John the Baptist?; Death of Zachariah?; Long line of Kings; No king in Jerusalem at Christ’s time; Until 1099 (crusades)?; Anarchy?; Moving by love; Worshipping Christ; Jer 3:13; Herod Antipas?; Kingdom of God is at hand; Your responsibilities; “Love”; “Polis” on a hill; Power in hands of individual = Republic; Mammon; Jesus rich, made himself poor; Different kind of governor?; Surviving the days ahead; Matt 3:1; Preparing the Way of Christ; “Kingdom of Heaven/God”; “ouranos”; Christ’s new world order – seek it!
YOU CAN HELP! If a particular segment of this podcast especially connects with you…
– Copy the block from the computerized transcript below;
– Paste it into your preferred word processing app, clean it up;
– Paste your edited version here as a comment.
We will insert the block of text into the transcript.